Tuesday, March 23, 2010

From Motors to Maize

You might think I’ve forgotten you. I haven’t.

I haven’t been around La Cuisinette because I've been having a hoot producing radio. Some of you may know that I'm a freelance journalist, doing my best to make a living. I've had a very lucky streak, and have had loads of work over the last few months.

While I might not have been blogging about food lately, I have been thinking about it an awful lot.

Last week, I worked at As It Happens, the CBC's flagship current affairs program. That’s where I make a living, mostly. It's a great place to work, and I'm lucky to be able to pitch stories that I think are important.

Which is where Detroit, Michigan's urban agriculture movement comes in. Over the week, As It Happens told the story of a city in the midst of change. Here is my favourite interview of that series, which I produced.

So that’s what I’m up to, when I’m not blogging. But do stick around. I promise more recipes and more photos…as soon as I find the damn camera charger. In the meantime, hear the sounds of radio.

No comments: